Super Eurobeat Fonts?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Super Eurobeat Fonts?

Post by #Infinity » 11 Oct 2008, 05:03

Just a quick question, does anyone know the fonts that are used on SEB cover arts for:

- The Super Eurobeat logo (present on every cover)
- The album number (present from SEB 101 to SEB 139)
- The album number (present from SEB 174 to SEB 189)

If anyone can help me out, that would be great.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Oct 2008, 05:11

I want 'em too. :\
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 11 Oct 2008, 15:46

The husky knows!!
Too bad none of us can speak Huskish :?

Chances are it's a custom font built for the eurobeat cover. I've checked with Adobe, Linotype and ITC, and it's not one of theirs at least.

You might have more success asking Avex for information on it, but just be aware that it may very well just be a font with the letters A,B,E,O,P,R,S,T and U (and nothing else).
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Oct 2008, 19:55

Humbedooh wrote:Image
The husky knows!!
Too bad none of us can speak Huskish :?

Chances are it's a custom font built for the eurobeat cover. I've checked with Adobe, Linotype and ITC, and it's not one of theirs at least.

You might have more success asking Avex for information on it, but just be aware that it may very well just be a font with the letters A,B,E,O,P,R,S,T and U (and nothing else).
Whoa! It's been a while since I've seen you around! Welcome back.

Yeah, I've heard from a few places that it's a mixed/modified font.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Oct 2008, 01:26

I've been told that the "SUPER EUROBEAT" text isn't a specific font, but a template they have made. I'm sure someone photoshop savy could make a high resolution template of the logo using the pen tool or something like that haha

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Oct 2008, 02:32

Well, the same type of font (or at one that's very similar) was used in the_ditz's banner for Too Fast For Love / Doki Doki in his signature - may I at least request that?

The 101 - 139 font basically looks like a more basic version of "demonized", but I can't find anything that resembles it anywhere online. The 174 - 189 font I've seen quite a lot, so it should hopefully be easier for one of you guys to identify.
ImageImage

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 12 Oct 2008, 07:18

#Infinity wrote:Well, the same type of font (or at one that's very similar) was used in the_ditz's banner for Too Fast For Love / Doki Doki in his signature - may I at least request that?
The "type" of font, (geometric sans serif with vertical crosses), isn't all that rare, but I haven't been able to find one that matches especially the E, P and S. Notice how the S is square in the Super Eurobeat typeface unlike the fond the_ditz uses, and the P makes an upper vertical cross (low crosses are the norm).

What we could do, of course, is actually make a Eurobeat font based on what we have from the album covers. I'll have to have a talk with my brother, who actually gets paid for doing stuff like that, but I do remember that it's fairly easy to create new letters from existing ones with some rules about how the geometry of the letters relate to each other in the alphabet.

I'll get back to you on that one later on :)
Last edited by Humbedooh on 12 Oct 2008, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 12 Oct 2008, 11:31

Update:

la la la la we have a winner!

[Test logo using the Eurobeat font]

[Real logo (top) versus Eurobeat font (bottom)]

I got some pointers and the necessary software to design a font for eurobeat use, although I was missing a couple of important letters to extrapolate the rest from (namely a G and a W), so I had to make some educated guesses as to how the letters might look.

I'm not entirely sure how to design the numbers in this font though - they vary from cover to cover, and needless to say, I don't have a single actual SEB cover to look at :p.

So, if anyone would contribute with some cover scans showing the numbers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0), perhaps we could get this font finished.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 12 Oct 2008, 16:23

Humbedooh wrote: I'm not entirely sure how to design the numbers in this font though - they vary from cover to cover, and needless to say, I don't have a single actual SEB cover to look at :p.
Given that the number styles change every few albums, it's safe to say this will be sufficient.

Excellent work, humbedooh! I think I speak for all of us when I say a job well done! :)
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 12 Oct 2008, 17:09

I haven't given you the font yet :P

http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/media/eurobeat.ttf

Windows users can install it by copying the file to the Windows\Fonts folder, Mac users can copy it to ~/Library/Fonts/, and linux users can follow the guide at http://vietunicode.sourceforge.net/howto/fontlinux.html

Standard international copyright laws apply, yada yada yada.
(In other words, you'll need to notify me if you plan to make commercial use of it)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Oct 2008, 19:56

^ Thx a lot!!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 13 Oct 2008, 18:24

Nice job on the font. :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Oct 2008, 18:27

Humbeedoh officially wins one (1) internet for making the impossible possible.
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 13 Oct 2008, 20:19

Great job - I'm sure #Infinity will love this (as do I!) :grin: